Healthcare and Biotechnology
- Represent numerous healthcare systems, hospitals, hospital-related entities, hospital-physician joint ventures, physician practice groups, physician organizations, nursing home providers, medical research foundations, medical equipment and medical device companies and other healthcare-related entities. Advised on transactional, regulatory and reimbursement issues, including physician practice acquisitions and primary care network development, physician contracting and medical staff issues, Medicare, Medicaid and third party reimbursement, joint ventures and fraud and abuse, licensure and certification, and mergers, acquisitions, affiliations and reorganizations.
- From March 1995 through March 1999, represented a major regional healthcare system as special acquisition counsel in connection with the development of the system's primary care network and integrated healthcare delivery system. Was responsible for structuring and negotiating over sixty acquisitions of medical practice and other healthcare-related entities. Transactions ranged from stock and asset acquisitions to acquisitions based on shared equity models to acquisitions by MSOs.
- From May 1993 through November 1994, served as general counsel to St. Agnes Medical Center, a 254-bed acute-care hospital located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In addition to routine general counsel matters, advised and negotiated the acquisition of primary care physician practices in connection with the creation of the hospital's primary care network and assumed responsibility for all hospital-physician contracting, managed care contracting, real estate and construction matters, and joint venture and affiliation agreements. Also served as special counsel to St. Mary's Hospital in Langhorne, Pennsylvania, and St. Francis Hospital, Trenton, New Jersey on behalf of Franciscan Health System, their parent organization. As special counsel, advised these hospitals on legal issues related to physician contracting and primary care network development.
- Co-founded and represent reproduction technology research and development firm and advised on general corporate matters, including formation and organization, technology licensing, strategic partnerships, equity financing and acquisition strategies.
- Represent medical product development company and advised on general corporate matters, including patent licensing, strategic partnership financing, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions.
- Represent consortium of medical tube manufacturing and distribution firms and advised on general corporate legal issues, including shareholders' agreements, employment agreements, technology licensing and acquisition planning strategies.